If you find yourself saying any of the following, it is time to hire a professional interior designer to help you to bring out your own personality and style in your home:
- “I don’t know where to begin”
- “The rooms don’t feel finished”
- “My house doesn’t flow”
- “I want to re-do my space but I don’t want to make a mistake”
- “This place needs some life – it is too blah”
- “I need help arranging my stuff”
Your home is your castle! It is the place where you spend most of your time. It is where you live. It is where you eat and sleep. It is where you relax. For many of you, it is where your family lives. It is where your children will grow up.
The look and feel of your home says something about who you are. It reflects your personality. And your home’s look and style makes you feel a certain way too. If you are happy with the way your home feels, your confidence will show through! You will want to host friends and family gatherings. Or, you will be happy to just hang out alone, content with your surroundings. If you’re not happy with the way your home looks and feels, it’s time to hire a professional interior designer.
Granted, some people just don’t care about this stuff. They aren’t affected by the look or condition of their surroundings. This isn’t for them. This is for those of you that do care.
Interior Designers – What They Have to Offer
For most of us, it’s not easy getting the look we really want in our home – without some help. It really takes an objective, professional interior designer to ascertain what we’re after, help define who we are, what our style is or how to achieve the “wow” factor in a style that we can identify with. Professional interior designers have all the skills and experience necessary. Here are some of the more prominent ones:
- Spatial skills – the ability to provide balance and proportion to your space.
- Good taste – the ability to incorporate a higher degree of sophistication into the overall look – regardless of the style.
- Color sense – the ability to marry tones and hues from a standpoint of knowledge and visual adeptness.
- Artistic talent – the non-scientific ability to create something unique and pleasing to the eye.
- Training – schooling and experience, knowledge and expertise in the field of interior design.
- Resources – libraries of sample materials, lists of to-the-trade vendors and suppliers. Trade relationships. Buying power.
Let’s face it – your home is your largest investment. So, treat it right! If you can find an interior designer that you like, then you are on the road to bringing your home to the next level.
Stay tuned for more information about interior designers, how they work, the types of projects they do and helpful information about room design .
I’m Nancy Werneken and I’m a certified, professional interior designer with 15 years of experience in the Boston Metro West area. I am the lead designer at Masters Touch. Take the first step and contact me, a certified and experienced interior designer, at 508-359-5900 x 204 or firstname.lastname@example.org.